Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Belief Creates Experience

I've heard it said the world reflects our inner experience. In other words, what we believe about the world actually creates our experience. People who see only darkness find plenty of things to confirm their perception. On the other hand, people who see goodness also find experiences to support their view of reality.

This concept re-appeared in my life this morning.

Driving south on Monroe Street, the angle of the sun made the wet pavement look like a shining silver ribbon. The beauty of it caught me off guard. I had been somewhat preoccupied with rather mundane concerns up to that moment, but I suddenly found myself vaulted into an experience of transformation and awe. For one brief instant, the world was filled with spirit and love.

That experience made me reflect on what I see when I look at the world. What kind of life do I live? Is my life as happy and fulfilled as I would like? If not, what do I need to change about my BELIEFS such that I have a different experience?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails