Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tribute


The other day, I was driving home from Sandpoint after a Twin Eagles event, and just as I was about to pass through Newport, I happened to look over and see this mural on the side of a building. My reaction surprised me. Much like the Obama-McCain piece from several years ago (see below), I felt compelled to stop and interact with the art in some way. In fact, my emotional response was stronger now that I know the artists. 

This experience gave me a sense of gratitude for the power of art. It is unlikely that I will ever get to meet Obama, Romney, or McCain, but these paintings capture the spirit of our times and give us a living connection to our own history. These artists are magicians in their own right. They reflect something from our inner selves and not simply what is seen with human eyes.   

This is my small tribute to the artists. 



Obama-Romney 2012. 


Obama-McCain from 2008. 

1 comment:

cain and todd benson art blog said...

Thank you Barry. Your the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails