Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween



Halloween was more enjoyable this year than ever before. The whole family dressed up, even Rhonda. My kids are still young enough to think Halloween is a big deal, so we went all out to appreciate the moment. All too soon they will grow up and no longer get excited to dress up as their favorite fantasy or nightmare. Then again, I guess I never really grew up when it comes to Halloween.

Dakota was the Phantom of the Opera, which of course fits his personality perfectly. He loves acting and singing, and at the same time, he seems to appreciate the odd mixture of elegance and darkness surrounding that character. Actually, if you look at our family picture, he and I resemble dark end-posts to the mostly light center of our family. How funny!

Rhonda brought out her inner goddess, while McKenna acted out her vision of herself as a fairy princess.

Whitney was an angel, as she normally is, but she had a small devil tail as well. How perfect is that?

As for myself, after conscientiously avoiding depictions of evil and death all year, I embrace my inner shadows connected to death for just one night. Oddly, I must have channeled more of my shadow than expected. I thought my skull paint job was about average in quality, but little children were afraid to approach me and adults had to do a double take. Even my friends didn't recognize me.

That is the wisdom of Halloween. We act out our fantasies and shadows for one day, so they actually hold less power during the rest of the year.









I met my friend Jordyn and posed for this picture.

3 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

I love Halloween, and I truly never thought anything about connecting with my inner shadows, but there's probably something to it. Great face painting job - and gorgeous wife/family. U R BLESSED!

Chelle said...

Cool costumes. I like the face. Dakota does fit the part nicely. Did you get the pictures from Brad. I can't figure out who those kids are. I go on fielwork tomorrow. I am excited. This is the first time I have worked with and OT out in the field.

Barry Moses (Sulustu) said...

Hey Jen, thanks for the comment. By the way, my wife says thanks for the compliment.

'Chelle, congratulations on your field work. You'll do awesome. As for Brad's pictures, I didn't know any of the kids. I assume they were from the neighborhood in Germany. Funny thing, they only sent one picture of Ashley and one picture of Christopher. I wonder why they sent so many pictures of strangers. Weird, isn't it?

Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails