Tuesday, July 11, 2006

God is speaking still...


Greek Orthodox Church in Spokane.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


Several months ago I posted a comment about the new roof on the Greek Orthodox Church of Spokane. Just as before, seeing the roof today reflecting in the sunlight made me feel a certain connection to the divine in the midst of a hectic day.

After work, I spent the majority of the day with an old friend, helping him get a new ID card, a birth certificate, and other documents he will need to get his life back on track. In spite of the rush, we managed to talk about serious things, like how treatment is going for him, and what he's learned from his life on the streets. He talked about denial and minimization as it relates to drug use. I feel sad, and hopeful for him all at the same time.

At one point, a song came on the radio, causing him to pause and reflect. He quoted the words as the music played:

"Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am free again. Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am clean again...

"However far away, I will always love you. However long I stay, I will always love you. Whatever words I say, I will always love you. I will always love you (The Cure - Love Song)."


He said an old girlfriend once dedicated this song to him, and now it reminds him that good things can still come into his life.

Somehow the image of that church tied it all together for me. Seeing the church reminded me of God's plan for me, and hearing that song reminded my friend of things he once hoped for and can hope for again. God is speaking still...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails