Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Casi Cielo


My friend Connor and I visited Starbucks this afternoon and encountered a strange piece of heaven. We each grieved our separate losses, when I looked up and saw this advertisement with the line Guatemala Casi Cielo - Guatemala Almost Heaven. Yes, Guatemala was for me almost heaven, a place filled with happy, loving memories. The words alone brought a small moment of comfort in my grief. 

Mi amigo Connor y yo visitamos Starbucks esta tarde y encontramos un pedazo extraño del cielo. Los dos lamentábamos las pérdidas distintas de cada uno, cuando miré hacia arriba y vi un cartel con la línea Guatemala Casi Cielo.  Sí, Guatemala ha sido para mí casi un cielo, un lugar lleno de recuerdos felices y amorosos. Las palabras por si solas me dieron un pequeño momento de consuelo en mi aflicción. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails