Friday, January 23, 2015

Dakota


My son Dakota is living in Provo, Utah, far from home and family. It has been a tough adjustment for his parents, but we trust that he is making the right decision for himself. We got to see him at Christmas, and we communicate frequently by Facebook and by cell. 

This photograph is a self-portrait that he made during one of his insomnia nights. 

By the way, my dear friend Sister Yanet de Castillo from Guatemala has asked me to make all future posts in both English and Spanish, so I will abide by her request. No doubt, this will help us to maintain a close friendship, and will also allow me to practice my Spanish. 

This post is dedicated to Sister Yanet. 

Español:

Mi hijo Dakota está viviendo en Provo, Utah, lejos de su hogar y familia. Ha sido un cambio difícil para sus padres, pero confiamos que está tomando la decisión correcta para él. Pudimos verlo en Navidad, y nos comunicamos frecuentemente por medio de Facebook y de celular.

Esta foto es un autorretrato que hizo durante una noche de insomnia. 

Por cierto, mi hermana querida, Yanet de Castillo de Guatemala, me ha pedido que haga todas las publicaciones futuras tanto en inglés como en español, así que cumpliré su pedido. Sin duda, esto nos ayudará mantener una amistad duradera, y también me permitirá practicar el español.  

Esta entrada se dedica a la Hermana Yanet. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails