Sunday, August 07, 2011

Karaoke


The Summer Institute for Intercultural Communication was a powerful and transformative experience, but sometimes my head hurt from all the deep thinking. Fortunately, SIIC also gave us an opportunity to laugh and have fun. On Thursday, we all gathered for a night of dancing and karaoke. I would have been happy to just socialize and observe, but Pamm and I got pulled into singing a positively awful rendition of Love Shack by the B52s. By the way, this picture shows me straining to hit the high notes of the song (I had no idea the notes were so high until I actually had to sing them in public).Thank goodness no one seemed to mind the musical quality of our performance. Everyone danced like it was the best song they ever heard.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails