Sunday, July 06, 2014

The 4th of July


Dakota's girlfriend Kelsi invited our family to spend the 4th of July in Suncrest. I was looking forward to visiting Kelsi's family, but I have to admit that I was not too excited to watch the fireworks in a rural community. I had this idea that the firework display would be less than memorable. Boy, was I wrong. 

Unlike Spokane County, Stevens County has no fireworks ban, so before the show actually started, fireworks were exploding all around us - in every direction. It was crazy! It was like a pre-show firework display that lasted for more than an hour. When the actual show started, we were able to sit directly next to the place where they launch the fireworks. It had never been so close before. Sometimes, the fireworks exploded directly overhead and seemed to fill the whole sky.  



After the main firework display, we lit sparklers.  





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails