Sunday, April 27, 2008

Morning Dreams


Marcos by the Little Spokane River.
Marcos cerca del Río Spokane Pequeño.

The first night after the Ecuador students arrived, I had two dreams.

In my first dream, I saw the students sitting in a circle. They looked happy to me, but I was very tired. A voice told me, "You may feel tired, but the children are coming here even more tired than they know. You must pray for them during their stay and give them all your strength. You must care for them as your own children."

Then I had a second dream. In my dream, Marcos was very angry because people in the world had judged the children. He held up a photograph of each one and told me what people had said about them. I comforted Marcos and said the world will judge, but we know their spirits. I then reminded him what the spirits had told me; that I would pray for them and give them all my strength.

The next morning, Marcos and I got up early and ran to the waterfalls near my house. Snow still covered the ground. I told him my dreams and then shared many spiritual things from my culture. As we conversed, I learned that Marcos shares many of my cultural and spiritual perspectives, even though we come from two different countries.

Sueños en la Mañana

La primera noche después de la llegada de los estudiantes de Ecuador, tuve dos sueños.

En el primer sueño, yo vi a los estudiantes sentados en un círculo. Se me miraban felices, pero yo estaba muy cansado. Una voz me dijo, “Puede que te sientas cansado, pero los niños llegan aún más cansados de lo que ellos mismos sepan. Tú tienes que orar por ellos durante su estancia y darles todas tus fuerzas. Tienes que cuidarlos como a tus propios hijos.”

Luego tuve un segundo sueño. En mi sueño, Marcos estaba enojado porque personas en el mundo les había juzgado a los niños. El me mostró una foto de cada uno y me dijo lo que la gente había dicho. Le di consuelo a Marcos y le dije que el mundo juzgará, pero nosotros conocemos a los jóvenes en sus espíritus. Le dije lo que los espíritus me habían dicho; y que yo oraría por ellos y les daría todas mis fuerzas.

La próxima mañana, Marcos y yo nos levantamos temprano y corrimos a las cascadas cerca de mi casa. La nieve todavía cubría la tierra. Le conté mis sueños y luego compartí muchas cosas espirituales de mi cultura. Mientras conversábamos, me di cuenta de que Marcos comparte muchas de mis perspectivas culturales y espirituales, a pesar de que somos de distintos países.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails