Saturday, May 03, 2008

Balance


My hand within the sun's ring...
Mi mano dentro del anillo del sol...





Yesterday afternoon, I went for a run behind Whitworth University (near my home), hoping to collect my thoughts after several stressful weeks at work. As I ran, I looked down at the ground, feeling somewhat off-center and discouraged. Honestly, my life is beginning to feel out of balance.

Quite unexpectedly, a red-tailed hawk flew directly over my head and caused me to look up. In that moment, I saw a rainbow forming a perfect circle around the sun, like a ring. For one brief second, the hawk formed a dark silhouette against the sun, and then quickly disappeared. It seemed like a message from the universe to remember my center and cling to my truth. I stopped to give thanks, and luckily, I had my camera.

Now perhaps all of us will find a little more balance in life.

Equilibrio

Ayer en la tarde, fui a correr detrás de la Universidad Whitworth (cerca de mi casa), esperando recoger mis pensamientos después de varias semanas estresadas en el trabajo. Mientras corría, miraba hacia el suelo, y me sentía algo desanimado y fuera de mi centro. Pues, sinceramente mi vida está empezando a sentirse fuera de equilibrio.

Muy inesperadamente, un halcón de cola roja voló directamente arriba de mi cabeza y me hizo mirar hacia arriba. En ese momento, vi un arco iris formando un círculo perfecto alrededor del sol, como un anillo. Por un segundo breve, el halcón formó una silueta oscura contra el sol, y repentinamente desapareció. Me pareció un mensaje del universo para hacerme recordar mi centro y aferrarme a mi verdad. Me paré para dar gracias, y afortunadamente tenía mi cámara.

Ahora quizá todos encontraremos un poco más de equilibrio en la vida.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails