Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gonzaga


Earlier this year, I enrolled in the Doctoral Program of Leadership Studies at Gonzaga University. My first classes began last Monday, and during the last seven days, I have immersed myself in reading literally hundreds of pages of dense, scholarly papers. At one point, I thought that I would rather stab pencils into my eyes than continue reading, but then I reminded myself that great things usually come with great cost. In this case, the cost appears in the form of hard work, perseverance, and discipline.

I was convinced that the quantity of reading would achieve no real value. Conventional wisdom would say that nothing is retained if the brain goes into information overload, but much to my surprise, some of the general themes of my reading are beginning to make sense. I'm sure in time I will mention some of these ideas on the blog.   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails