Thursday, February 07, 2013

Calico


Every once in a while, I download the photographs from my SD card and discover these delightful little surprises. Usually, one of my daughters uses the camera when I'm not around to create imaginary scenes. It always catches me off-guard, and it always makes me smile. In this case, I'm pretty sure that my daughter McKenna created these scenes with her Calico Critters. 

More than anything, I'm fascinated to see the world through their eyes. Sometimes I do my own little discourse analysis and try to guess the story of each scene. For example, I get the impression that the first two pictures represent a new baby being welcomed by an extended family. The lower scene probably represents an audience, like a classroom, movie, or church service. 

I'm interested to hear other interpretations. Leave a comment. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails