Friday, March 27, 2015

Prom Date


A young man - the son of family friends - came to our house today and asked my daughter to the prom. He was so nervous, but he was gracious and polite. He even brought a bouquet of flowers. She said yes. 

I was sitting on the couch, but I heard everything. It was so sweet. I found myself getting misty. I'm officially old - my baby is going to the prom. 

Un joven - el hijo de amigos de nuestra familia - llegó a la casa hoy y le pidió a mi hija a que vaya al baile de graduación. Estaba tan nervioso, pero fue muy amable y cortés. También le dió un ramo de flores. Ella dijo sí.

Yo estaba sentado en el sofá, pero escuché todo. Fue tan dulce. Me sentí muy sentimental, y lloré un poco. Oficialmente soy viejo. Mi bebé se va al baile de graduación. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails