Saturday, February 09, 2008

Autograph


Hillary Clinton as she receives my card to sign.


Hillary's autograph.

Normally, I don't press for autographs, but I had gotten so close, I decided to ask. At first, Hillary didn't seem to notice me, but Toni Lodge was standing behind me and said, "Tell her, 'Thank you for supporting urban Indian health.'" Once again I acted without hesitation. I yelled exactly as Toni said, "Thank you for supporting urban Indian health!" That got her attention. In that precise moment, Hillary looked up and we shared a brief moment of eye contact. "Will you sign my card?" I asked. She took the card, signed it, then handed it back. "Thank you!" I called, but she had already turned her attention to the next person in the crowd.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails