Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blake


I met Blake Lewis at the National Museum of the American Indian.
Conocí a Blake Lewis en al Museo Nacional del Indígena Americano.


Blake Lewis from American Idol.
Blake Lewis del Ídolo Americano.

As many of my friends and family already know, I traveled to Washington DC as part of the Ecuador Youth Leadership Exchange. The experience was both exciting and exhausting. In fact, the exchange set me so far behind in my work and personal strength, that I am only now beginning to fully recover.

I was so far behind that I have never completely blogged my experiences from the exchange. One such experience was a chance encounter with Blake Lewis from American Idol. We were just leaving the National Museum of the American Indian at the end of the day when Flor spotted the famous singer. The group ran over to him with all the excitement of any typical teenage fans. They took a massive number of photographs until Blake's friend finally said, "We have to go." At the very end, I jumped in and asked for a picture with me. He graciously obliged and then slipped away.

Afterwards, I laughed because I realized that during the entire visit I never spoke a word of English, only Spanish. In fact, not one of us spoke English. He must have thought it strange to pose with so many people who never spoke his language.

Blake Lewis

Como ya saben muchos de mis amigos y familiares, viajé a Washington DC como parte del Intercambio de Liderazgo para Jóvenes del Ecuador. La experiencia fue emocionante y agotadora a la vez. De hecho, el intercambio me atrasó en mi trabajo y en mis fuerzas personales de tal grado que apena voy recuperándome.

Estaba tan atrasado que nunca escribí de toda las experiencias del intercambio en mi blog. Tal experiencia fue un encuentro por casualidad con Blake Lewis del Ídolo Americano. Estábamos saliendo del Museo Nacional del Indígena Americano al final del día cuando Flor vió al cantante famosos. El grupo se fue corriendo a su lado con toda la emoción de cualquier grupo de admiradores jóvenes. Tomaron una cantidad enorme de fotos hasta que el compañero de Blake dijo, "Tenemos que irnos." Al final, le pedí una foto conmigo. Cordialmente nos hizo el favor y se fue.

Después, me reí porque me di cuenta de que durante toda la visita jamás hablé ni siquiera una palabra de inglés, solamente el español. De hecho, ni uno de nosotros hablamos inglés. Deber haberlo pensado algo extraño tomar fotos con tants personas que no hablaban su idioma.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails