Saturday, May 02, 2009

La Virgen del Quinche


La Virgen del Quinche, originally uploaded by sulustumoses.

Going backward just a little, my fiend Paola played the part of La Virgen del Quinche during the Ecuadorian cultural presentation. This particular photograph was taken during their exhibition dance at the Pullman Powwow.

An interesting thing happened, in fact, something changed for me when I saw them playing their various parts. Whoever they might have been normally gave way to the people they became on the stage. In my mind I knew Paola was playing a part, but when I saw her dressed in her robes, something genuine and real channeled through her.

I am not sure how to explain it, except to say that these young people were simply messengers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails