Sunday, August 06, 2006

My Crazy Weekend


Rhonda on the Monroe Street Bridge.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


Barry on the Monroe Street Bridge.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


What a crazy weekend... on Saturday I visited an old friend at Geiger Correctional Facility, then less than an hour later, I visited another friend at a drug and alcohol rehab. That evening I invited Rhonda to have dinner with me, and asked her to please not invite any homeless people, felons, transients, or drug addicts. I love all my people, and I consider these visits a kind of ministry, but sometimes I just need time for me.

Well anyway, we had dinner downtwon and took a walk across the Monroe Street Bridge (hence the photographs) and then through Riverfront Park; but when we arrived at the park, we found ourselves in the middle of Hempfest...quite unintentionally, mind you. Some guy was hollering over a loudspeaker, like some kind of hippie evangelist, promoting the legalization of marijuana. We didn't stay.

On Sunday, I went back to Geiger to see the same friend and came home to work on a paper, but then my computer stopped functioning and I spent literally 6 or 7 hours trying to figure out the problem. Things worked out relatively well, and now I'm quite exhausted. Off to bed, and hopefully I'll start a better week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails