Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Carpet Bag Brigade


This was my favorite picture...


I only learned one performer name... Calder.

Some time during our tour of Spokane Falls Community College, we saw a strange group of people wearing shiny red pants and walking across campus on stilts. They stopped in front of the library and gave a mythical performance about an ancient power struggle for the control of fire. I took several photographs of the stilts, but none of them captured the sense of drama I felt. Rather, their faces mesmerized me. They seemed to truly embody something from the age of mythology, gods, spirits, and heroic deeds.

The performers belong to a group called the Carpet Bag Brigade. Their website appears below:

http://www.carpetbagbrigade.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails