Thursday, October 05, 2006

Right Where I Need to Be



I usually record my dreams in a separate journal, but some dreams deserve special mention.

My yaya Messie visited my dream last night. She's been gone for almost 20 years, but she looked younger and more vibrant than ever. She was sitting in a large room with her daughter Norma and other members of the family. In fact, Norma was sitting on her right, and I was sitting on her left. I don't remember all the details, but she was telling jokes and had us all laughing so hard we were almost crying.

At one point she noticed some hidden pain behind my laughter and said, "What's the matter?" After some hesitation, I finally told her about all my troubles and misadventures from 3 and 1/2 years ago. "I made so many mistakes," I said, "I did so many bad things. I'm just worried my problems got me off track from everything I'm supposed to do in life."

She placed her hand gently on my arm and said, "Don't you worry about that anymore. It's all taken care of."

"But have you seen the plan for my life?" I asked, "Am I still on track?"

She responded firmly, and with a tone of authority, "You don't get to see the plan. You just get to trust. You're right where you need to be."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails