Friday, January 12, 2007

Deep Freeze





An arctic blast descended upon the Spokane area, pushing sub-zero temperatures onto all the region. We've settled into a miserable deep freeze, hoping for an early thaw. Earlier tonight, I went outside with wet hair, and within 60 seconds, my hair froze into a solid, and rather stylish looking spike. It reminded me of the crown worn by the ice witch of Narnia.

I really hate the cold. I mean, I really hate the cold. Even so, it casts an eerie beauty over all the land. Just an hour ago, I drove through downtown Spokane, and the falls under the Monroe Street Bridge created a beautiful cloud of steam. Despite the obvious discomfort of stepping outside my warm car, I had to stop to get a couple pictures. It was worth the momentary misery.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails