Friday, March 30, 2007

Light and Shadow



The other night, I looked up from my classroom and saw the sun shining through the building across the street. I immediately dropped what I was doing and ran outside with my camera. I couldn't let the moment pass without recognizing it somehow.

It reminds me of deeper spiritual truths I've been exploring lately.

What is the blessing of shadow? Why should we curse the darkness when it appears to us? In a strange way, the darkness always points the way toward the light, for all we have to do is turn about and we shall see the sun in all its glory. Shadow is an ironic blessing because it will always point the way back home. Most of us would never seek the light, if we didn't occasionally know the sting of darkness. Think about it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails