Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Elder Matthew



After a weary six hour flight from Salt Lake City, Rhonda and I arrived at Honolulu International Airport with a renewed sense of vigor and excitement. Visiting Hawaii is a dream come true for both of us.

As we gathered our carry-on items, I looked over and saw an LDS missionary was coming home on the same flight. Without meaning to, we followed him out to the baggage claim area and became witnesses to a very simple, but tender reunion with his family. A woman approached with open arms and with such love in her eyes. I can only assume she was his mother. She stopped before reaching him, and placed a beautiful flower lei around his neck. Then she embraced him warmly. Another young man greeted the return missionary enthusiastically and filmed the reunion with a camcorder.

As I looked on, I felt perhaps I had invaded their privacy, but the scene caused a deep stirring in my heart, and I felt my eyes welling with tears. In that exact moment, the missionary called me over and asked me to photograph his family. I gladly agreed and told him I would post the picture on my personal blog.

Elder Matthew, if you're reading this, please know you made my day. Your family inspired me and made me feel of your warmth and love. Thank you.

Please leave me a comment, or send an email to:

barrymoses@hotmail.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails