Saturday, April 13, 2013

Into the Sun


Again, I wish I could take credit for this photo, but Carole takes the prize again. I'm not sure if she planned this picture or if it just turned out this way. In any case, she was getting a picture of the Idaho blue-eyed grass at Drumheller Springs and she got me walking into the sun. The effect was impressive. Not to be overly dramatic, but the imagery reminds me of going to the mountain and standing in presence of the divine.

It reminds me of Exodus 33:18-23...

Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.” 

 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 

But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.” Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.” 

And yet symbolically we do see the face of God when we behold the glory of creation, especially in spring when all the faces of nature re-emerge from their wintry sleep. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails