Monday, October 06, 2014

Backyard Photography


The white yarrow in my back yard have all dried up and turned brown. Even so, they are still beautiful in my eyes. When I was a child, I used to make miniature houses - sometimes entire cities - out of cardboard and paper, and I always used dried yarrow flowers for the trees. Since then, I've come to appreciate yarrow for its cultural, spiritual, and medicinal properties.  


The white yarrow has already turned for the season. 


In contrast, the red yarrow is still blooming 
well into the first week of October. 


A few years ago, I planted a serviceberry tree in my backyard. It has struggled somewhat, but now it is several feet tall. This year it gave a few berries. As summer turned to fall, the leaves turned bright orange and yellow. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails