Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Minnehaha Park


This fall season has been exceptionally beautiful. Even as the days grow shorter, the colors have been unusually bright. In the past, the fall has often caused me a kind of sadness or depression, perhaps even a certain grief to see the dying days of summer. This year is different. The autumn colors have kept me spellbound.  


Minnehaha Park in northeast Spokane holds some history for my family. When I was in high school, we lived just a few blocks away. But the history is even older: My mother went to school just down the street at Cooper Elementary, and my great grandmother Alice Meier lived in a small house on the same street. I remember visiting her when I was a small child. 

On my father's side, my great grandparents lived nearby in an Indian camp.  


The old stone house was a source of ghost stories when I was a kid. 


The trees have all turned color. 


Minnehaha is connected to a natural area with a network of trails. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails