Saturday, May 06, 2006

La Traviata



Dakota's piano teacher Karlyn Brett invited us to an evening at the opera to watch La Traviata. Opera is not usually my thing, but we went to support Dakota's musical education and to enjoy a rare cultural experience. I generally dislike opera as a musical style, but I certainly appreciate the immense talent of the performers. The entire production appeared in Italian, but thankfully, the theater projected English sub-titles onto a screen.

I will not repeat the plot of the story here, but I will offer a link below for anyone who cares to learn more about it. If you've seen Moulin Rouge, you'll recognize the story, as it derives from the same original source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_traviata

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails