Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Elder Wiltse Returns


Elder Wiltse with his parents.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.

Adam Wiltse returned from his mission to Guatemala and we joined his family to welcome him home. The crowd waited anxiously to catch a glimpse of their return missionary and broke out into applause as soon as he came into view. I felt myself wanting to cry with emotion from the reunion.

Adam had a weary look on his face from hours of travel, and bewilderment from reverse culture shock. I remember the feeling well from my own return years ago.

He and I only had a brief moment to visit, just long enough to find out my former companion Elder Samayoa was his bishop for seven months. I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya look great "Elder Wiltse." I was with him towards the completion of both my mission and his. Good guy and fun to see this picture of him and his family that he talked so much about. Well done Adam! Good luck in the future. Don't forget, I'll kick your butt and monopoly any day...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails