Thursday, July 13, 2006

Lunch in Colville


Inge and Jonas.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.

My step-mother Inge Mebes invited me for lunch this afternoon at Colville's Cafe al Mundo. Her daughter Heidi and her grandson Jonas also joined us. We always have such a wonderful time sharing stories about our respective lives and common memories from my dad. We shared more than a few adventures in our day digging roots, picking huckleberries in the pouring rain, traveling to Canada, and visiting ceremonies on various reservations throughout the Pacific Northwest.

She told me a few harrowing stories from her childhood in the former Yugoslavia, but I will wait to write about that. She may eventually write her memoirs and I would not wish to steal her thunder.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails