Friday, November 02, 2007

With McKenna



The other thing about working late, we have to be very intentional about the time we spend together. For example, several times a week I'll realize we have a free minute during the day and I'll take Rhonda to the movie, or to get a bite to eat. Other times, I will make a special day with one of my kids immediately after school. That's what I did today. McKenna and I went to the mall and had lunch. Then she got a stuffed animal at one of those places that let you build your own doll. She was delighted.

She is often very reserved and rarely expresses her feelings to me, but as I left this evening (after our date), she ran out to my car just to tell me she loves me. I think that means we had a successful daddy-daughter day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails