Thursday, November 08, 2007

Leaves





Sometimes the smallest things bring me back to mindfulness.

This morning started with some difficulty. I totally spaced an important meeting, and then went to another meeting that made me feel somewhat stressed. I have so much to do, and I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed.

I left my meeting and took a walk downtown still feeling stressed. Then as I was walking, I looked over and saw a small tree with red leaves in a courtyard. Those little red leaves brought me immediately out of my emotional slump and gave me a feeling of total peace and well-being. They made me feel so thankful for the beauty of the earth and all of life. They remind me that every experience is perfect.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Hi Barry. I like your little tree. It is kinda cute. Someone was telling me the other day that your building is stuffed with bluejeans?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails