Thursday, April 16, 2009

Exchange

I'm writing from Port Townsend, Washington as a translator and cultural guide for the Ecuador Youth Leadership Exchange.

We left Pullman early Sunday morning to make our whirlwind tour of the west side of the state, passing through Wenatchee, Leavenworth, Olympia, and finally Port Townsend. Later, we will continue our trip to Seattle, and finally back to Pullman.

So far, I'm not in a good position to download my photographs, but I hope to do so when I return.

Too much has happened to express in detail, but suffice it to say that we have shared an amazing experience. The group has focused much of its attention on ecology, sustainability, leadership, and indigenous cultures. The youth possess a level of insight and sensitivity that will empower them to become great leaders in the future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails