Sunday, July 18, 2010

All Nations



My visit to All Nations Christian Center happened in a round about sort of way.

A co-worker asked me to help her find a new church, and specifically requested a Pentecostal congregation where they encourage speaking in tongues. I'm still not entirely sure why she thought I would know, but I accepted the challenge. Of course, I looked online, but it's really hard to evaluate the character of a church by reading a computer screen.

Then by chance, I happened to meet an old friend who attends All Nations Christian Center. When I told her the two criteria (Pentecostal and speaking in tongues), she said her church would definitely fit that description. I told my co-worker and we set a time to visit.

This morning we attended the 11:00 service. All Nations Christian Center lives up to its Pentecostal recommendation. The pastor preached an impassioned sermon while the congregation members waved their arms and shouted praise to the Lord. It's been many years since I attended a church service like this, but I have to say that I enjoyed my experience. It's nice to visit people who feel so enthusiastic about their religion. I'm also glad to say that my co-worker enjoyed her experience. She plans to attend again next Sunday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails