Friday, July 23, 2010

Felts Field



This last Father's Day, my wife presented me with an extraordinary gift. She made arrangements for Mr. Schultz, our friend from CYT, to take me on a two-hour plane ride from Felts Field. This morning I got to collect my gift and experience the skies above Spokane.



Mr. Schultz owns a share of this plane.



Leaving Felts Field, we flew north toward Wellpinit. I always wanted to see the reservation from the air, so we circled a few times.




Flying low over Wellpinit, we saw the trading post, the post office, the clinic, the middle school, and the Health and Human Services building.



Another view of Wellpinit.



We continued north toward Colville, passing Fruitland and Inchelium. In this photograph, the Gifford Ferry crosses the Columbia River.



On the return trip, we saw the new freeway interchange being built on Newport Highway.



Just before landing, we got a clear view of Felts Field with downtown Spokane in the background.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails