Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Belated



A belated post on my family's observance of the 4th...

We visited our friends John and Michaeline to celebrate the 4th of July. They live in Stevens County where fireworks are still legal. Personally, I have not lit fireworks since some time during the late 1980s. It's kind of a fun memory that my children now share. But of course, twenty kids running around with sparklers makes me think seriously about why they became illegal in the first place. Crazy....

In any case, the pictures are kind of fun.



The kids with giant sparklers.



Whitney with a red sparkler.





The smoke-filled yard had an eerie, surreal effect.



Something about this picture reminds me of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."







John lit "fountains" on an old table in the yard.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails