Friday, July 26, 2013

Inchelium


Not long ago, I spent a couple days in Inchelium and slept in the Language House. At one point, I stepped outside and noticed the road was lined with beautiful white flowers that sort of resembled water hemlock. I thought it would be a dreadful thing, especially considering that water hemlock is highly poisonous and that thousands of these plants were lining the street and surrounding the local childcare center. Fortunately, I did my homework and discovered that these flowers are Queen Anne's lace, which is much less toxic. 




Mural at the Inchelium Community Center. 


Community art is important to me. 



Across the street from the community center is a baseball diamond lined with hand-painted advertisements for local businesses. I was happy to see this old sign for the Steem Uss Spaoos cafe - meaning "What is in your heart?" Sadly, they went out of business, but I always thought the name should be resurrected. It's a great concept. 

1 comment:

Cain and Todd Benson said...

i'd like to see thoughs murals. really nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails