Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Weeds

- 1 -

One definition of a weed is "any undesirable or troublesome plant, especially one that grows profusely where it is not wanted" (Dictionary.com). I have never much airtime to the so-called weeds of the world, mostly because of my affection for indigenous plants. However, weeds - invasive species - should not be ignored. In many cases, they completely overtake native habitats. 

For the last several years, I have enjoyed the native plants that grow behind Whitworth, but as I've noted before, the power company ripped out a large tract of land and put power lines in its place. In the process, invasive plants have completely overrun the area. 

As I walked through the "Back 40" this evening, I took notice of any plant that resembled an invasive plant. I'm not 100% sure, but the plants pictured here made my list. I would love to identify each plant, so if anyone can name every plant in this post and convince me they are correct, I'll send them a dollar. :)


- 2 -

- 3 -

- 4 -

- 5 -

- 6 - 

- 7 -

- 8 -

- 9 -

- 10 -

- 11 -

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails