Monday, March 13, 2006

Gonzaga Fire


Firefighters survey the destruction at Gonzaga.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.



A fire hydrant near the Gonzaga fire.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.



The buildings were quite nearly destroyed.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


Black billows of smoke over Gonzaga.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


Taco Time covered with black smoke across the street.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.

This morning I woke up to scenes of disaster on the television and reports of an explosion at Gonzaga University in Spokane. The whole city had watched with anticipation as the new student housing went up near the busiest street in Spokane, and no doubt looked on in shock as the buildings burned. Construction had not even finished. I've still not heard the cause of the fire, but authorities speculated about several transients living illegally in the construction area. I certainly hope it has nothing to do with anyone I know, especially one homeless man I know very well.

I need not recount the details of the fire; you can read about it here. All I can say is that I felt moved to see the damage firsthand. It's hard to imagine without seeing it in person.

1 comment:

Yancy said...

wow. if you find out what caused it i'd like to know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails