Thursday, May 10, 2007

Andrew Rosell



Andrew Rosell was a student at Mount Spokane High School and recently died at the intersection of Nevada and Magnesium. He was hit by a recycling truck while crossing the street.

Mourners built a makeshift memorial on the southwest corner of the intersection. I was surprised to see the memorial on the news, especially since I pass that spot every day on my way to work and hadn't noticed.

I stopped at the memorial on my way home from work this evening and met Andrew's brothers Jesse and Dustin(?), along with several friends. We spoke briefly about the accident and their feelings of grief. I have intense empathy for these young people as they struggle to understand the tragedy and injustice of death. We only just met, but my prayers go out to the family of Andrew Rosell in this hour of darkness.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails