Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tin Grin



After many years of hesitation and self doubt, I finally got braces. This probably should have happened when I was 14, but here I am. This is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever done to my teeth, but I"m excited for the eventual outcome.

When I went to Wellpinit yesterday afternoon, I saw my friend Gene and his first comment was to call me "Tin Grin." It's a little unfair, actually. I gave him the title Champion Gene, and he returned the favor by giving me the title Tin Grin. Hmmm...

Well, in a strange way I was excited for the comments. Can you imagine? If someone said that to me when I was 14 I would have been devastated. Now I feel the comments give me an experience I missed as a youth. It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

At least they are nothing like Ugly Bettys!!

Barry Moses (Sulustu) said...

You know, ugly Betty is not really that ugly. But at least I'm glad you don't think I look bad. I'll take it as a compliment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails