Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gathering









Dakota is just a cool kid.

The other day, he and I reviewed how to make cordage and dolls with cattail leaves, and he took to it with enthusiasm. After only a few tries, he's become the expert. In fact, he decided to pull me out of the house to gather more leaves in preparation for other variations of his creative ventures.

The skills are wonderful in their own right, but it's even better to go outside and spend time in nature. Of course, we also got some great photographs.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I think I need to go and collect some cat tail leaves sometime. I think it would be a good activity to do with a client.

Barry Moses (Sulustu) said...

Yeah, and as it turns out, cattails can be used for food, medicine, and many other things.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails