Saturday, November 28, 2009

Schoolhouse Rock





In all my manic preparations for the Peru trip, I neglected to mark an important chapter in the lives of my children. My daughters performed in Christian Youth Theater's production of Schoolhouse Rock.

Schoolhouse Rock is a classic piece of Generation X. Many of us grew up in front of the television, and in the days before 24/7 cartoon networks, Saturday mornings provided the only reliable outlet for cartoon entertainment. If not for Schoolhouse Rock, how else would we have learned the Preamble of the Constitution or the proper function of an adverb?

Through the CYT musical production, now my children get to experience a cherished part of my childhood.



Dakota performed as a member of the stage crew.



"I'm just a bill..."



McKenna performed as the Sun in the song "Inter-planet Janet."



Whitney performed as the Earth in the song "Inter-planet Janet."







"My Hero Zero..."

2 comments:

Krystal said...

That is so cool! We have Schoolhouse Rock on DVD and used it when we homeschooled. I still sing to myself, "conjunction junction, what's your function?"

Barry Moses (Sulustu) said...

Hi Krystal! I'm sorry to be so asocial lately. I usually try to respond to all comments, but I've been so crazy busy with all my travels and such. In fact, I still need to catch up on at least a dozen blog ideas that never made it to print.

Anyway, I'm glad you stopped by and left a few comments. Hope you're doing well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails