Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cycling





Dakota and I went on a cycling trip with his grandpa Ron. We started at the summit of Mount Spokane and cycled down Mount Kit Carson Loop Road, and connected to Mount Spokane-Day Road. We traveled a total of 15 miles.

The summit of the mountain had to be a full 15 or 20 degrees cooler than the normal elevation at home. The cool temperatures combined with the wind chill factor caused by our downhill speed made for a very cold ride. If I ever make that ride again, I'll definitely wait for a hotter day. The cold was very uncomfortable.

Notwithstanding the cold, I had a very enjoyable ride down the mountain. We passed through some of the most beautiful country in the world, including a few amazing huckleberry patches. I'm already planning my return.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails