Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Beyond

Beyond What

We reach for destinies beyond
what we have come to know
and in the romantic hush
of promises
perceive each
the other's life
as known mystery.
Shared. But inviolate.
No melting. No squeezing
into One.
We swing our eyes around
as well as side to side
to see the world.

To choose, renounce,
this, or that --
call it a council between equals
call it love.

Alice Walker

***

Many blessings to Tim for dedicating this poem to me on his blog. These words capture some small piece of the conflict I often experience in a life filled with no small measure of contradiction. And yet beyond the hazy skies of my limited vision, I do perceive some grander purpose to all my wanderings, if nothing else than to know I do not walk this road alone, but with fellow soul-travelers who await my every arrival.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails