Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Jesus


I gave Jesus a french fry.


I gave Jesus $3 pesos for a ride in the car.

I gave Jesus $3 pesos and a french fry...

Before we left Cancun, we stopped at Walmart for some last minute supplies. We had lunch at the very American MacDonald's, when a little boy approached me boldly and said, "Give me some money for the machine (the car)." Of course, I couldn't turn down such a clear order from one of God's Innocents, and so I fished $3 pesos out of my pocket and handed them to the boy. He rode the car until it stopped and then he said, "I want a potato (french fry). Of course, I agreed once again. I tried to give him the whole box of fries, but his sister intervened and said their mother would scold him.

Then I asked his name. "Mi nombre es Jesus," he said, (My name is Jesus).

When I learned his name, I thought humorously how the scripture says "...inasmuch as ye have done this unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me..." So what reward awaits the one who gave Jesus $3 pesos and a french fry? Somehow I think I already received the reward of a cherished memory. God bless little Jesus on his way...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails