Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bandit



Bandit's education has progressed at a snail's pace since Ron and Linda left him to our care. We've been practicing basic lessons, like how to identify the alpha (me) and how to identify the beta (Bandit). He's getting better; he no longer pulls my arm out of its socket when I take him on the leash, and he waits to let me pass first through doors and gates.

But Wednesday was a bad day.

Usually I let him go for just a short while and then call him back, but I made the mistake of letting him go in a new, unfamiliar location. He eventually came back when I called, but not before rolling in the rotting carcass of a dead animal and jumping head first into a mud pit. A wall of stench literally surrounded him by at least 30 feet. Of course, he didn't get to ride home with the rest of us. He had to ride in the back of the truck.



After we got home, Bandit got a much needed bath. The poor dog looked absolutely punished as I drenched him under the garden hose, but even pity wouldn't get him a better grade for his weekly lessons. He gets a "D" for sure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails