Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day


My children lay flowers on my father's grave.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.



Walking to the cemetery.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.

Speaking of Father's Day, my children and I went to a small family dinner in Wellpinit yesterday afternoon. We arrived a little early and had time to walk from the Little Green House to the Catholic Cemtery, just down the road. Some where along the way, my children spontaneously gathered flowers for my father's grave. They remembered me telling them about his burial in that place. We visit the cemetery so rarely, but somehow it seems appropriate to visit his final resting place on a day dedicated to fathers. I don't think I really let it in when we were there, but now, as I look back at these pictures, I feel choked up seeing my children honoring the memory of the grandfather they never knew.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails