Thursday, June 01, 2006

Synchronicity and Found-Objects


A saw these flowers during my walk today.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


I created an unusual assignment for my Colville students combining elements of Carl Jung's concept of synchronicity, personal intention, and found-objects. Each student had to identify personal goals, talents, and challenges. Then they spend seven days looking for unusual objects with a message to support their goals. Jung described synchronicity as a meaningful coincidence. I asked my students to be open to the possibility that they will find objects related to their spiritual intention, whateer that might be.

I went for a walk this afternoon during my break at work and found a number of interesting objects: a hawk feather, a small beehive, walnut shells, a spark plug, and other random items.

Next Tuesday, we will return to class and create an art project using our found-objects. I will report on our projects when we finish them.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Which class is this for? I want to try it. It sounds kinda fun. I love looking for things on the ground!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails