Monday, June 19, 2006

Swearing In Ceremony


Our newest tribal council member.
Copyright © 2006 Barry G. Moses.


A colleague from the Community Colleges of Spokane accompanied me to Wellpinit for the Project Self-Sufficiency class. We arrived early, so I gave her a brief tour of the reservation. When we stopped at the Administration Building, I noticed an assembly of distinguished elders and tribal members were arriving for some event. As it turns out, Matt Wynne, our newest tribal council member, was being sworn in that very hour. My uncle also attended and gave a brief blessing. I told him later I had not planned on attending, and yet I arrived at the perfect moment. He said, "Sometimes the Creator works that way. He brings you where you need to go at just the right time."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails