Sunday, December 14, 2008

Angel







Some time before we married, Rhonda and I took a marriage class from Bishop Orville Nelson. One of many things I remember, he counseled us to continue our courtship, even after the wedding. He advised us to always find special times alone with each other, building our relationship.

Through all the hardships, trials, and blessings over the last 14 years, we remembered the words of our old bishop and continue to make time for regular dates. It might not be an overstatement to say our dates may have held us together.

Sometimes life seems so overwhelming; our differences seem insurmountable, but when I sit across the table from my wife, I listen to her laughter and remember everything I love about her. We were best friends first, and will remain so in the end. A million things pull us apart, wrenching our souls at times, but a simple, transcendent love binds us together.

Coming home from our date tonight, we heard this song from Angela Little, titled "Your Angel." It reminds me of our relationship.

Your Angel

There is something in your eyes,
So blue and clear and so surprised.
You weren't expecting me,
But I'm here, and I will set you free.

There is something in your voice,
So sad and scared,
you think you have to make a choice.
Like the way the river leads towards the sea,
This river's leading you to me.

And you say that I'm your angel,
That I'm your guiding star.
What it all comes down to is I'm only human too,
And I love you just the way you are.

There is something in your arms,
So safe and warm, you know you make me feel so calm.
Since you stroked my hair and held me through the night,
I know it's gonna be alright.

So you say that I'm your angel,
That I'm your guiding star.
What it all comes down to is I'm only human too,
And I love you just the way you are.

Don't be afraid, we'll be fine.
Remember everything happens in its own time.
And like the way that every river leads toward the sea,
This river's leading you to me.


Listen to the song by clicking HERE.

2 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

i read this the day you wrote it but god sidetracked before leaving a comment. i let my husband read this. it's very special. marriage is sacred - a covenant and promise to God - but so few people see it that way anymore.

Barry Moses (Sulustu) said...

Oh, I do see marriage as a covenant and as a great refiner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails