Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Bree



The blogosphere is creating a suprising network of interconnected people.

Yesterday afternoon, I met one of my fellow Spokane bloggers for lunch. Of course, I was excited to make a human connection with someone from the alternate reality of blogging, but we also met for practical reasons.

Bree writes a local blog titled Life After Expo 74. The title reflects something of my favorite city, but her connections to my world run much deeper. She teaches science for Wellpinit Public Schools and interacts daily with many of my friends and family from the Spokane Reservation. More importantly, she has a heart a teach science with respect for the cultural traditions of the Spokane Tribe. Just check out her recent blog post about building pit houses.

The main purpose of our meeting was to collaborate on creating a cultural exchange between the Ecuador youth coming to this area and the students at the Wellpinit school.

Needless to say, I am very excited to see how this project unfold.

3 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

I've always wanted to ask - who is Anthony?

What a neat connection. I will check out her blog. Her picture - she looks like a salt of the earth person. Smart, kind stock.

Barry Moses (Sulustu) said...

Jen - Anthony was a foster child in our home for 6 years. He's an adult now, but we still share a neat connection.

Krystal said...

I went and read her page. That looks so incredibly interesting! I wish she had been MY science teacher!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails